By using our services, you accept this policy. You also accept this policy if you provide us with your information. This site is subject to Singapore, which may not offer the same level of privacy as other countries. If you do not agree, do not use our services or give us your information.
Modification of these Terms.
Collection and use of information.
Contact Information: The personal information we collect may include your name, mailing address, telephone number or mobile phone number or email address. We may collect this information from third parties.
Account access information: You may need to provide information to create an account with us. We also collect the information you need to allow access to your account. This includes your login ID/email address, screen name, and/or password.
Payment Information: If you shop online, we collect your credit or debit card information.
Profile and demographic profile information: We could collect information such as gender, age, and ethnicity if you fill out an online form or a survey. We can collect your zip code. We may collect this information from third parties. For example, we can collect interests that you publish on social networks.
Other information that may be shared, submitted, or posted: We may collect information posted publicly or on a platform that we provide for sharing between users. We may also collect the information you provide to us through a survey or share it with us.
We collect information about your browsing preferences on your computer or device and on the Internet: for example, we can collect information about your online behavior. We may also collect the browser or the type of device, operating system, or device’s unique identifier. We may also collect the software version, IP address, and domain name. We may also collect the date and time you visited our site or our application. This may include the areas or pages visited and the number and duration of visits. You can also include other site usage data and emails that you open, resend, or click. We can see which site comes, which site it visits when it leaves us, which links it clicks or which pages it sees.
We may collect information about your position: this may include your general or accurate position. We can collect this using different types of technologies, including GPS and Wi-Fi. If you use our mobile application, we can also access device location information in the background.
We obtain information about you from third parties: We may receive information about you from third parties, which may also include information about your device. For example, social media platforms can provide us with information about you.
We can combine the information. We may combine the information provided with information from other sources. For example, we can combine the information collected offline with the information collected online. We may also combine the information we obtain from third parties with the information we already have.
Use of personal information
We collect, use or process personal information as permitted by applicable law, even if it is based on one or more of the following:
- The fulfillment of the contract we have with you;
- The legitimate interests of Scrap My Car, third parties or yourself. “Legitimate interest” is a technical term under the regulation. This means that there are good reasons to process your personal information and that steps are taken to minimize the impact on your privacy and rights of interest. “Legitimate interest” can also be defined as how Scrap My Car make use of your data in a way that you could sensibly anticipate and that has minimum impact on privacy. Scrap My Car have a legitimate concern in collecting and treating personal data, for example: (1) to ensure that our networks and information are secure, (2) to manage and conduct business in general within Scrap My Car and (3) to prevent fraud;
- The fulfillment of a legal obligation to which we are subject; or
- The consent you give us when collecting your personal information.
We use personal information to:
- Provide you with the content and services requested or deemed relevant to you;
- Communicate with you about changes in our policies;
- Send newsletters and emails;
- Provide advertising, including advertising based on your activity in our Services or activities on third-party websites and applications;
- Manage contests, lotteries, promotions, and surveys;
- Optimize or improve our products, services, and operations;
- Identify, review and prevent actions that may disrupt our policies or be illegal;
- Communicate with your account, answer your questions and submit information about the features and enhancements of the Services; and
- Carry out statistical, demographic and marketing analysis of users of the Services.
We may add and/or anonymize personal information so that it is no longer considered personal information. We do this to generate other data for our use, which we could use and disclose
Disclosure of personal information
- We may disclose personal information collected by you to our parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- We provide personal information collected by you to companies that provide assistance services or perform functions on our behalf, such as marketing, analysis and customer service delivery. These companies may need personal information to carry out their tasks.
- We may provide personal information collected by you to companies that sponsor similar lotteries, contests, and promotions in our Services. We will inform you when we collect your personal information if we do so.
- We may disclose personal information collected by you if required by law or in good faith, believing that such action is necessary to (a) comply with applicable law or comply with the legal process; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Services or our users and (c) act in emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of our employees, agents or contractors, or our parent companies, affiliates or subsidiaries, if there would be Users of the Services or the public.
- We will disclose or transfer personal information to third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or part of our activities, activities or actions (also in relation to any bankruptcy proceedings or similar). These third parties may include, for example, a purchasing entity and its consultants.
- We may disclose personal information to third parties to help us determine how people use parts of the Services in order to improve our Services and develop new product offerings. We may provide personal information about how our users collectively use the Services in aggregate form for our service providers and other third parties.
Using the Services, you may choose to disclose personal information:
- In the comments sections, contact forms and other services for which it is possible to publish information and content (including, by way of example, our pages on social networks).
Remember that any information you share in public areas, such as comment sections or forums, or published, viewed or disclosed in an area that other users of the Services can see, becomes public. Pay attention to what you disclose and do not disclose any personal information that you plan to keep confidential.
Other information is all information that does not specifically identify you and is collected through technology, including tracking information collected by us and by third parties. Other information includes:
- Information on your computer, mobile device or other device used to access the Services, such as the type and brand of the device, the operating system, the unique device identifiers, the browser type, the browser’s client ID, the language of the browser, the Internet service provider;
- Information about the use of our Services, such as the reading history of the pages you visit;
- Additional traffic data, such as access time, visitor identification, traffic channel, traffic source, average traffic, campaign name, access date, software error reports, identification number of the session, access and the addresses of the reference site;
- Search terms and search results;
- Location data, such as your IP address, geolocation information (longitude and latitude);
- Demographic data and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity;
- Other information that has been added in a way that no longer reveals your specific identity.
Collection other data
We and our service providers may collect additional information in a number of ways, including:
Through your browser or device.
Some information, such as MAC address (Media Access Control), computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name, and version, etc. are automatically collected from most browsers or from the device. The manufacturer and model of the device, the language, the type of Internet browser, and the name and version of the service you are using. We use this information to make sure that the service works correctly.
Cookies are files that contain small amounts of data that may contain an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent from your site to your browser and stored on your device. Trace technologies are also used as beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to enhance and analyze our services.
Examples of cookies we use
Session Cookies: We use session cookies to manage our services.
Security Cookies: We use security cookies for security reasons.
You can accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser setting to decline cookies as needed. If you delete cookies or configure your Web browser to decline cookies, some features of this service may not work or may not work as expected. For more information about cookies and their invalidation, see the information posted at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Pixel tags (also called web beacons and transparent GIFs) are used, among other things, to track the behavior of service users (including email recipients) and to measure and edit the success of our marketing campaigns. Statistics on the use of services. And the response rate.
Web beacons can also be used. Web beacons (also known as “action tags,” “tracking tags,” or “single-pixel GIFs”) collect information about the use of a particular site and are programmed to send a cookie. Invisible graphics
As mentioned above, we collect and save the IP address of your device. Your internet service provider will automatically assign your IP address to your computer. The IP address represents the device’s general location (city, state, country, and continent) when accessing the service. We can use the IP address of your device to:
- Customize offers and promotions for our services and special events.
- Customize the ads you receive.
- Optimize our products, services and operations.
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Identify the country in which you are located in order to assess your legal obligations. AND
- Run site user statistics, demographics, and marketing analytics.
Use and disclosure of other information
We may use and disclose other information for any purpose, except as otherwise required by applicable law. In some cases, other information may be combined with personal information. In this case, the combined information will be treated as personal information if it is combined information.
Unless we specifically request (for example, in connection with a specific search), we ask that you do not send us and that you do not disclose (eg social security numbers, people about species or ethnicity, politics, or health, biometrics or genetics, criminal records or trade union membership) health, politics All requested information, including confidential information about opinion, race, religion, sexual life, religion, beliefs, or sexual orientation, may go unanswered.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Scrap My Car has the potential to process your personal data.
- We need to make a contract with you.
- You gave us permission to do it.
- Processing is for our legal interests and is not overwritten by your rights
- Comply with the law
We resolve disputes, to the extent necessary to meet our legal obligations (for example, if we need to maintain your data to comply with applicable laws), our legal contract, and Impose policy.
Scrap My Car also maintains usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally better if it is used to improve security or improve the functionality of the service, or if it is legally necessary to maintain such data for an extended period of time. It is stored for a short period of time.
Your information, including personal data, is transferred and maintained by computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction, where data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you reside outside Singapore and choose to provide information to us, we will transfer the data, including personal data, to Singapore for processing.
Disclosure of data
Disclosure of law enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Scrap My Car may be required to disclose personal information, either by law or by a valid request from a public institution (such as a court or government agency).
Scrap My Car may disclose your personal information in good faith that such actions are necessary for the following purposes.
- Fulfill legal obligations
- To protect and protect the rights or property of Scrap My Car
- To avoid or investigate possible deviations associated with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of the Service or general users
- Protect from legal liability
We take reasonable security measures to protect the personal data under our control from loss, misuse, and alteration. Personal data is stored in a protected database and sent by encrypted SSL protocol whenever the browser supports them. However, the Internet and email transmissions are not completely secure and are never error-free. In particular, emails sent and received from this site may not be secure. Therefore, special care should be taken when you decide which information to send us by email.
When we request this information, we offer you the opportunity to “refuse” the use of your personally identifiable information for a purpose. For example, when you register on the site, you can indicate your preferences in our registration form if you do not want to receive additional materials or warnings from us.
“Do not track”
Not tracking (“DNT”) is not supported. Not crawling is a setting that you can configure your browser to notify your site that you do not want to crawl. You can enable or disable Do not Crawl by visiting the Settings page or the Settings page of your web browser.
Your data protection right under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
If you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have some data security rights. Scrap My Car is intended to take reasonable steps to allow you to modify, change, delete or restrict the use of your personal data. If you want to be informed about the personal data we hold about you, and if you want to be removed from our system, please contact us.
Under certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The freedom to access, renew or erase the information we have concerning you. Whenever possible, you can request access, update or deletion of your personal data directly in the settings section of your account. If you cannot perform these operations yourself, please contact us for assistance.
- Right of modification If this information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to correct your information.
- Right to Object: You have the right to oppose the processing of your own information.
- Restricted Rights: You have the right to require that we limit the processing of your personal information.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive a copy of the information we have about you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent whenever Scrap My Car relies on your consent to process your personal information.
- Before answering these requests, you may be asked to confirm your identity.
- You have the right to appeal to data protection authorities about the collection and use of our personal data. For more information, contact your local European Economic Area (EEA) data protection authority.
Third party advertising
Web beacons, cookies, pixel tags, or to better serve advertisements for products and services that customers may be interested in accessing and using the Services and other sites or services online We may work with third party advertising companies that use other similar technologies. These companies do not have access to your name, address, email address, phone number or other personal information. However, we may anonymously track your use of the Internet at other sites on your network other than the Service.
We use third parties to facilitate our services, to provide services on our behalf, to perform services related to our services, or to help analyze how we use our services. We may hire companies and individuals.
These third parties may only access your personal data for the purpose of performing such tasks for the Company and are required not to disclose or use them for any other purpose.
We give paid products and services within the service. In this case, we use third party services to process payments (eg , payment processors).
Links to other sites
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not knowingly transmit or collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 to the Service without the permission of the parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe that your child has provided us with information, you can send us an email. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this policy. Please review your question “COPPA Information Request”. If it is proven that you collect personal information from the child without parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from the server.
Parents, you can learn more about protecting your child’s privacy online here.
Scrap My Car may update or revise this policy from time to time. Sometimes you agree to review this policy. If you make a change to this policy, place it at the top to include the “last update” date.
You are free to decide if you accept a modified version of this policy, but to continue using our site, you must accept this policy as fixed. If you do not agree with the terms of this policy or a modified version of this policy, your only remedy is the end use of our mobile application.